- Adult-only event, book your sitter now!
-Party will be primarily outdoors!
- Catered food stations, open bar & dancing
- Masquerade attire is welcomed (but not required)
What is the Gala?
The gala is a celebration of our children and a way to come together as a diverse community of parents and caregivers to show our love for our school.
The Gala/Auction is the biggest fundraising event of the year after our Direct Appeal!
All proceeds from the event & auction go directly to your children’s education by supporting enrichment programs that happen only with PTO funding
How to Solicit Auction Items
1. Choose a business to approach from the following spreadsheet (or add another business or personal donation): CLICK HERE TO CLAIM A BUSINESS OR ADD A PERSONAL DONATION
2. Ask for a donation via email, snail mail, or in person:
CLICK HERE for sample text for an email or mailed solicitation letter (copy and edit as needed)
OR copy and paste the following text into an email:
(Please make a copy of this text and edit as you see fit for the business you are approaching.)
Dear kind people at ____________________!
I hope you are faring well in these interesting times. My name is _________ and I'm a parent of _____ school-age kids in Brooklyn, NY.
My children's K-8 public school, The Brooklyn School of Inquiry (http://bsi686.org/), is holding an auction as part of our Spring Benefit. This auction will take place from May 6-14th. All money raised in our auction will go directly toward funding desperately needed programs such as chess, art, music, dance, and science.
We are seeking local businesses to participate in our auction. Do you think you'd be able to participate? I think two online lessons would be a big seller at our auction.
This can be a great way to promote your business to parents, and as a citywide school, our reach extends to all of Brooklyn and other boroughs. Any donation is welcome and is 100% tax deductible. Our Tax ID Number is 27-1299073
Please let me know if you have any questions. If you would like to donate, please complete THIS FORM or provide a certificate and I can take it from there. Thank you so much for your time and consideration!
3. Fill out THIS FORM for each donation you successfully solicit.
About BSI Keepsake Journal
(A copy of the Journal will be included with each Gala Ticket)
Purchase an ad in the the BSI Keepsake Journal
Soliciting Businesses for Journal Ads
- Choose a business you have a relationship with.
- Ask them to buy an ad using the text sample HERE (copy and paste into an email or paper doc, then edit to fit the business you are approaching)
- To buy a personal "congratulations" ad for your child or business directly, visit: https://program.bsipto.org/
View a sample of a past Journal HERE
***NEW THIS YEAR - ANYONE WHO BUYS A QUARTER PAGE OR LARGER PERSONAL AD WILL RECEIVE A COPY OF THE JOURNAL FREE!
April 15th is the deadline to submit!
285 Third Avenue, Brooklyn, NY
BSI Family Sponsors
Thank you for your generous support to the
976 3rd Avenue, Brooklyn, NY
216 Prospect Park West Brooklyn, NY
89 7th Ave, Brooklyn, NY
324 5th Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11215