BSI Chess Team
The BSI Chess Team grows bigger and stronger each year thanks to dedicated parent volunteers, especially coach Vlad!
- participate in the chess enrichments during school hours
- attend chess classes at Wingspan Arts after school
- join the BSI Chess team and play in various tournaments
Here are a few reasons why it’s good for kids to play chess:
- Chess is fun!
- Chess helps foster creativity, logical and critical thinking
- Chess encourages and rewards those who persevere and work hard
- Chess improves concentration and memory
- Chess enhances reading and math skills
- Chess forces to think strategically and foresee the consequences
- On average, students who play chess score 10 percentage points higher on reading tests than their peers who don’t