The Brooklyn School of Inquiry PTO is a registered 501c3 non-profit organization. Every BSI parent and teacher is automatically a member of the PTO. Our main goal is to advocate for the educational, emotional, and social needs of our children as we support the vision of our school leadership. Our mandate celebrates inclusion, openness, collaboration, and frequent forums for discussion. We hold many social events and fundraisers throughout the year. All of our activities are run by parent volunteers like you!
Officers of the PTO Executive Board for 2016-2017 are:
- President: Mikhail Ratner
- Executive Vice-President: Allyssa Yuan
- Recording Secretary: Leslie Aptekar
- Treasurer: Daniel Rakitin
- Assistant Treasurers: Yulianna Shamayev, Mark Caserta
- Parliamentarian: Cathy Joseph
- Co-VPs of Fundraising: Nataliia Gutevich, Karolyn Silver
- Co-VPs of Communication: Rosemary Titievsky, Chrissy Persico
- Co-VPs of Parental Involvement: May Li, Oksana Londorenko
Elections for the Executive Board are held every spring.
Thank you to our 2016-2017 Grade Reps:
- Kindergarten: Phyllis Wong
- 1st: Sara Mogulescu
- 2nd: Interested? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 3rd: Janet Leung
- 4th: Annie Thoms
- 5th: Natalia Guarin
- 6th: Interested? Email: email@example.com
- 7th: Karen Fuller
- 8th: Ian Smith
The Brooklyn School of Inquiry (PS/IS 686) is a citywide gifted and talented school located at 50 Avenue P in Brooklyn. For more information about the school, please visit the school website.